Andrew Sarne, a director of the Firm, practices in the Litigation Practice Area.
He is licensed in both Texas and New York. He has obtained experience as lead counsel in the defense and prosecution of a wide variety of civil lawsuits, including shareholder disputes, catastrophic personal injuries, professional liability, premises liability, products liability, transportation-related injuries, insurance coverage, commercial contracts, business torts, construction, intellectual property, liquor liability, admiralty, real estate, defamation and other areas. He has handled matters across the United States, including Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Arizona, Tennessee, Nevada, Idaho, California, Oregon, Alabama, North Dakota, New Jersey and New York. Further, he has acted as general counsel to various construction companies and hospitality entities.
Andrew has tried and/or arbitrated a large number of civil litigation matters, such as:
• Construction of a chemical plant
• Crane failure
• Breach of commercial lease
• Commission fee dispute
• Partnership dispute
• Truck collision
• Construction of custom home
• Dram shop
• Bus collision
• Landlord tenant dispute
• Premises liability at a service station
• Negligent storage facility
• Electrocution of construction worker
• Construction of home development
• Slip and fall
• Premises maintenance
• Cause and origin of fire
• Foundation settlement on commercial structure
• Insurance bad faith
• Faulty construction of highrise loft building
• Defect in plumbing valve
• Mass injuries at a chemical plant
- State Bar of Texas (1996)
- Litigation Section
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- State Bar of New York (2010)
- State Courts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1996
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., 1992
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2012 - 2020; 2022-2023)
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters (2004-2011)
- Best Lawyers in America©, U.S. News & World Report (2021 - 2023)
- Top Lawyers in Houston, H Magazine (2005-2014)
- Best of Class, Personal Injury Attorney, Best of U.S. (2006-2007)
- Certified guardian ad litem
- Selected as one of Houston’s “Professionals on the Fast Track” by H Texas Magazine (2005- 2007)
- Selected as one of Houston’s “Top Lawyers for the People” by H Texas Magazine (2005-2008)
- Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine (2019, 2021)
- Sentinel Insurance Co. v. Choice! Energy Services Retail LP et al., No. 22-cv-2155, 2022 WL 16823055 (S.D. Tex. Nov. 8, 2022)
- Barbara Brown, Plaintiff, v. Burlington Coat Factory of Texas Inc. and Burlington Coat Factory of Texas LP, No. 4:20-cv-01370, January 1, 2021
- Aqrawi v. American Modern Property and Casualty Company,
555 F. Supp. 3d 467 (S.D. Tex. 2021)
- In re Vaughan, No. 03-20-00444-CV, (Tex. App.—Austin, September 8, 2020, writ denied)
- In re Sprague, Rustam & Diamond, PC, Michael Sprague, Individually, and J. Christopher Diamond, Individually, Relators, No. 01-20-00250-CV, (Tex. App.—Houston [1st] September 3, 2020, writ denied)
- Loya v. Klosek on Behalf of Nominal Defendant OTC Global Holdings, LP, No. 01-20-00366-CV, (Tex. App.—Houston [1st], August 4, 2020, no pet.)
- OTC Global Holdings, LP v. Klosek on Behalf of Nominal Defendant OTC Global Holdings, LP, No. 01-20-00383-CV, (Tex. App.—Houston [1st], August 4, 2020, no pet.)
- Shultz on Behalf of Shultz v. Lone Star Road Construction, Ltd., No. 14-17-00550-CV, 593 S.W.3d 750, 761–64 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] July 18, 2019, no pet. h.)
- Lisa Bueno Martinez v. Furmanite America Inc. et al; No. 04-17-00318-CV; 2018 WL 4469973;(Tex. App. San Antonio---Sept. 19, 2018)
- vRide, Inc., f/k.a VPSI, Inc. v. Ford Motor Co.,05-15-01377-CV, 2017 WL 462348 (Tex. App.—Dallas Feb. 2, 2017, no. pet. h.) (mem. op.)
- Santikos Legacy, Ltd. v. Dragon Fish, LLC, No. 04-11-00195-CV, 2011 WL 1542652 (Tex. App.—San Antonio Apr. 20, 2011)
- Farley v. Watkins, No. 01-04-00800-CV, 2005 WL 1308943 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] June 2, 2005, no pet.)
- O’Connor Int’l, Inc. v. Goradia, Nos. 10-03-00023-CV, 10-03-00024-CV, 2007 WL 178493 (Tex. App.—Waco Jan. 24, 2007, no pet.)
- In re Santikos Legacy, Ltd., No.-04-11-00194-CV, 2011 WL 1045233 (Tex. App.—San Antonio March 23, 2011, orig. proceeding).
- Birmingham Fire Ins. Co. of Penn. v. Am. Nat’l Fire Ins. Co., 947 S.W.2d 592 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 1997, writ denied).
- J&S Contractors, Inc. v. City of Galveston, Nos. 14-03-00211-CV, 14-03-00231-CV, 14-03-00267-CV, 2003 WL 21543507 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] July 10, 2003, no pet.) (mem. op.).
- Brown v. Am. W. Home Ins. Co., No. 05-11-00561-CV, 2013 WL 873824 (Tex. App.—Dallas Jan. 3, 2013, no pet.) (mem. op.).
- Gonzalez v. RSC Equip. Rental, Inc., Civil Action No. V-07-81, 2008 WL 4647060 (S.D. Tex. Oct. 15, 2008).
- Goodman Co, L.P. v. A&H Supply, Inc., 396 F. Supp. 2d 766 (S.D. Tex. 2005).
- McDonnell v. Vignali, No. 3:02-CV-2093-R, 2004 WL 1686630 (N.D. Tex. July 27, 2004).
- Jones v. Oriental Trading Co., No. Civ.A. H-03-3392, 2005 WL 1923585 (S.D. Tex. Aug. 10, 2005).
- FG Holdings, Inc. v. London Am. Risk Specialists, Inc, No. 09-05-522 CV, 2007 WL 43414408 (Tex. App.—Beaumont Dec. 13, 2007, pet. denied).
- Glazier Grp., Inc. v. Mandalay Corp., Civil Action No. H-06-2752, 2007 WlL 2021762 (S.D. Tex. July 11, 2007).
- Kinney v. Barnes, 443 S.W.3d 87 (Tex. 2014).
- Home Pro Constr. Co. v. Hoelscher Weatherstrip Mfg. Co., Civil Action No. H-11-4440, 2013 WL 6491189 (S.D. Tex. Dec. 10, 2013).
- Jackson v. Gehl Co., Civil Action No. 2-09-CV-00048, 2009 WL 3448135 (E.D. Tex. Oct. 22, 2009).
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Houston Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association